Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Reversible Clothing

I bought this Twist Back Sweater from Gap recently and after I wore it, I thought, would I actually utilize both sides?  Based on the models, it is very cute when worn with the opening on the back, but that would mean I need a backless bra.  Which I don't have because I don't have anything backless, until now.  (Maybe I should buy one of those.)  But when would I wear it that way?  Certainly not to work.  And I don't really go out anymore these days.  (God, I'm old...)  Should I find a reason to wear it that way?  Or simply have it in my closet as a vest, as the Gap description calls it.  I guess time will tell!  I don't think fashion can make reversible clothing very easily, which is why we probably don't see much of it.  I was intrigued by the Gap's proposal of two tops in one! 

That also got me thinking though, how many times have we worn something backward? There were the Kris Kross days.  Oh, and right around that time were the jeans with the zipper in the back.  (If you were born after 1980, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about!)  Oh, the good old days of the early 90s...   

No comments:

Post a Comment