Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Comfy or Cute?

I recently went to Austin, TX to visit some friends and had to make a decision. What am I going to wear on the plane? Do I go with comfy and wear slouchy pants or sweats? Or do I try to wear something cute that is less comfortable?

I've seen some women in full garb when traveling-- a ton of jewelry, sky high heels, a super cute dress. They look beautiful, and more power to them! I wish I was able to be posh when dealing with airplane funk, pushing a stroller and carrying a car seat.

I ended up choosing a jersey maxi dress for the flight. Comfy and cute! But not as comfy as sweats, no make up and a ponytail. :) I did, however, get to second base with a TSA agent. HA! Turns out I was picked to be searched due to the length of my dress. I guess, theoretically, I could be hiding something under there. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but not unpleasant either. It just... was. (As I told the agent, modesty kind of went out the window the second I went into labor with my son.) Would I wear that dress again and run the risk of getting frisked? Absolutely! I felt cute and the jersey knit was comfortable. Plus, since it was long, I didn't feel awkward about potentially flashing anyone any of my naughty bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment