Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Le Garage Sale

Holy smokes!  I went to Le Garage Sale on Sunday, and it was AWESOME.  I spent a little over $100 on a maxi dress, two tops, a jacket, a t-shirt for Husband and my fave purchase, a Melie Bianco Juliet Satchel
















My BFF and I were each eying a maxi dress from this particular boutique.  Lo and behold, everything was buy one get one free!  Then, I saw Juliet.  It was love at first sight. But at $69, it was on the higher end of the items that day.  (Most boutiques had items at around $20.  And each of our maxi dresses were $40.)  I just couldn't justify the purchase.  So I put Juliet back.  BFF and I did the BOGO on our dresses and got them for $20.  Sweet!  We strolled some more, and at the end of the day, I went back to see if Juliet went home with anyone else.  She had not.  It was a sign!  BFF, being awesome, asked the seller if she would be willing to offer up a deal on the bag.  (They were packing up after all and surely they wanted another sale?)  The seller said she would give it to me at 50% off.  So, Juliet and I were meant to be together.

BFF and I decided we'd come every time the event was held.  Great fun and well worth the cost!  (It was $10 to get in and $7 to park.)  If you decide to go, keep in mind:

  • Wear non-hindering clothing.  One boutique let us take clothes to the bathroom to try on.  However, most have mirrors and you just try on the clothes on top of what you're already wearing.  Next time, I'm going in yoga gear!  Oh, and with all the clothes coming on and off, it's probably a good idea to nix the make up too.
  • A few items we picked up were damaged.  One seller basically said, It's a sample, sorry.  I think if she offered to sell it at a further discount, my BFF would've bought it.  Just keep an eye out!  
  • If you don't mind having a smaller pool to choose from, go on the second day.  We went on Sunday afternoon, around 2:00.  There was still plenty to choose from and we felt like we got a good haul.  And because sellers are trying to unload merchandise, they will offer a better price as the day winds down.  The boutique that had the BOGO special said they did not offer it on Saturday.  At closing time (5:00), we were starting to head out when another boutique offered us better prices because they didn't want to bring as much stuff back to the shop.  I found a super cute jacket for $15, which they had originally planned to sell for $20.
  • Some boutiques will not charge tax if paying with cash.

See you at the next Le Garage Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment